1. Feel welcome! Jump right into the conversation -- a great place to start is by introducing yourself in our Shave Clinic and Newbie Check-in
, as well as in the Hall of Fame
2. Realize that we take great pride in B&B being a work-friendly, internet oasis for gentlemanly behavior. This means that profanity, inflammatory comments regarding politics and/or religion, personal attacks, pornographic images, discussions of illegal or illicit activity, or any other ungentlemanly behavior as deemed inappropriate by the Administrators/Moderators, is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Offenders will be dealt with swiftly. More to the point, if it's likely to be offensive, or if you wouldn't say it to someone in person, it doesn't belong here.
3. Comply with the requests of the moderators
. We donít interfere unless itís absolutely necessary. We will gladly discuss with you any requests we make. This can be done via private messaging so as to save anyone from any unnecessary public embarrassment.
4. For members other than Vendors and Hobbyists, to whom separate rules apply, offers to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise exchange can only be made in our Buy Sell Trade forum (BST). No links or mentions to such offers are to be included in members signatures nor posted in forums other than the BST. New members are welcome to purchase items from the B/S/T forum right away, but must wait until they've amassed 45 days of membership and 50 posts to use this forum to sell, trade, or post "want to buy" ads. More on the B/S/T Rules here.
4a. The BST forum was not set up as a profit center for individuals. B&B discourages members from only posting sales and not contributing in other forums. To use the BST, the vast majority of your posts should be on the shaving forums.
4b. Members without a bonafide internet or brick and mortar storefront may also be considered vendors (at the sole discretion of the mod team) and may lose their privileges in the B/S/T forum if they are marking up items to unreasonable prices, or selling large quantities of items on the B/S/T on a regular basis - again, both of these variables are at the sole discretion and classification of the mod team. We welcome members who wish to add further value to the membership of the forum by selling items here in the B/S/T - however this community is not intended to be the free storefront and marketing arm of businesses.
5. While we enjoy offering the B/S/T thread as a service to our members, we see it as just a small portion of our site's greater good. Problems are incredibly rare, but you should know that transactions in B/S/T are ultimately not the responsibility of B&B -- caveat emptor!
5a. These are not hard and fast rules but such activities are watched with a wary eye.
- Never ending PIFs end up in what is basically trading and trading is not allowed outside of the BST.
- Traveling boxes/Trains can only be started by members in good standing. Members participate at their own risk.
6. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live e-Bay auctions or other auction sites.
Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay sale is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid, or is contained within an e-Bay storefront.
Members should also use good judgment in posting information that may reference specific active auctions, particularly if the extra attention drawn to it would be unwanted by other members who may be bidding.
Please feel free to discuss eBay auctions only
after they are closed.
6a. Links to sites that duplicate B&B content - B&B is a free service for our members, and maintains a specific set of rules, posting limitations, and fee structure for those advertising goods, services, and outside information sources such as blogs and sites which have similar content to B&B. Links, redirects or pointing to content that duplicates B&B content is disallowed. In short, if it's a subject discussed on B&B, links to other sites (including links to blogs) may only be posted by approved and paid vendors.
7. B&B is not an appraisal site. As such, asking values here isn't acceptable behavior. All B&B members, asking and answering, new or old, should be aware that B&B is a community of users, and not an appraisal or identification service.
8. Any proposed ďgroup buysĒ
must be brought to the attention of the moderator team
for approval prior to the posting of any such proposed endeavor.
9a. This website is based in and governed by the laws of California.
9b. Any attempts at promoting gambling, raffles or unauthorized use of this site for fund-raising is strictly prohibited, this would include, But is not limited to such things as charity events,"vote for me/someone I know in a contest", solicitations for medical treatment costs or political campaigns. This means that Kickstarter is also prohibited (and any sites like it).
10. Individuals are only allowed to register once. Anyone found with more than one account will lose all membership privileges. If you have multiple individuals in your household that wish to be members and share an IP address, please inform a moderator.
11. Do not submit/post copyrighted materials, or pictures, content, etc that you do not own. Badger & Blade is not responsible for, and does not assume liability for the content posted by members of this forum. If you feel an infringement has been made, contact the member that posted the material in question.
12. Remember that in the end, it's not solving world hunger. It's just shaving!